First of all, I wish you a meaningful 2007. This blog has been around for 2½ years and has provided me with an opportunity to express my thoughts, along with the challenge of being coherent about it. Sometimes there is enough response to a post to indicate that it has hit home with others. Traffic reports indicate that these responses are representative of a good few more. In selecting my Top 10 for 2006, I've taken into consideration:
- extent of public interest in the post
- originality of material
- that certain je ne sais qua (i.e. I like it and, contradicting the French phrase, sometimes do know why)
in approximate reverse order of date published:
- Eat and then pay what you can afford
- Rites of passage for boys into manhood
- Botha acknowledged for preparing the way for peace
- Gifts for the person who has everything - 2006
- Are our destructive ways driving elephants crazy?
- Digital manipulation of news photographs
- Front yard vegetable garden
- Harper and Conservatives take Canada deeper into Afghanistan
- Deliberate erosion of public health care in Canada and beyond
- Cafe Femenino: Fair Trade coffee grown by women in Peru
If you're interested in news, pictures and perspectives on the British Columbia interior, check out my blog, Inside British Columbia.