Citizens want justice and those accountable are taking small steps back as slowly as they can. It seems that the wronged demonstrators won't let them get away with it. The police reason for arrests was protection of the public yet they acknowledge there was not a single recorded incidence of violence against the public. Virtually all of it was police assault on civilians, most of whom were doing nothing illegal.
"On Tuesday, the civilian oversight board for the Toronto police force agreed to the parameters for the public inquiry. Victims of the police actions aren't enthused about any of the official paths ahead of them, and are finding their own forms of accountability."
More on the G20 at:
- Inside a G20 cell: Video image shows conditions in detention centre
- Evidence of police legal goofs and extreme behaviour continues to mount.
- G20: British Columbia Library Association letter to Harper and McGuinty
- VIDEO: Who gave the G20 Commander his Commands?
- "THE POLICE NEED TO BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE"
- "It was dehumanizing ... completely"
- CBC News - British Columbia - G20 police actions prompt call for inquiry
- Toronto police stand by and watch rampage
- Real News journalist attacked at G20